Business Working Groups (BWGs): are aligned by use case or industry vertical, under the umbrella of a broad business concept (e.g., sustainability, supply chain, trade-finance). All Global Blockchain Business Council (GBBC) members are eligible to participate upon approval into a BWG; voting rights within a BWG are defined by approved IWA procedures. In BWGs, members work together at a business-need level to define their scenario and specific market requirements into a pre-framework draft, then liaison with the Technical Working Groups to input their findings using relevant technical frameworks to define their specifications. BWGs provide important touchpoints for program managers, business professionals, architects, and other roles within member companies to define their unique use case, exchange information, collaborate, and remain state-of-the-art within their companies and industries.
If you are interested in participating in an IWA working group, please reach out to Jackson.Ross@gbbcouncil.org.
- Debt Issuance
- Co-Chair: Stefan Bosshard, SDX
- Co-Chair: Eric Saraniecki, Digital Asset
- The goal of the Debt Issuance Business Working Group is to establish the standards for tokenization, contractual extensions, workflows, and analytics for creating, issuing, and trading digital bonds. These standards will serve as foundations for both private and public markets using distributed ledger techniques to create, store, service and transfer digital assets.
- Chair: Darko Pilav, Digital Asset
- Vice-Chair: John Lee, Accenture
- Vice-Chair: Cameron Prell, Xpansiv
- Sustainability use cases are often derailed by the polarization often found among participating groups, which typically hold widely divergent views. This BWG will define a standardized tokenization of key elements, standardized clauses for ledgering templates, and market-driven multi-party analytics – initially in the areas of emissions, offsets, and trade contracts. Currently, the IWA operates three taskforces under the Sustainability Business Working Group exploring: Voluntary Carbon Markets, Carbon Emissions, and Renewable Energy.